Hey Joe! Is there a difference between chart analysis and Technical Analysis?



Hey Joe! Is there a difference between chart analysis and technical analysis?

In my opinion there is. I am surprised at how many traders lump charting together with technical indicators into a category they call "Technical Analysis."

I am often accused of being a technical analyst, because I am not a fundamental analyst.

In the past, I've often carelessly, and without much thought, allowed myself to accept the general view that if you are not a fundamentals trader, you must be a technical trader

If it hasn't already been done by others I want to create a category called "Chart Analyst." I am a chart analyst ("Chartist," if you prefer). I am not a market technician, I am not a fundamentals analyst, and I most certainly am not a technical analyst. I use technical indicators to about the same degree I use fundamental information for operating my trading business and making my trading decisions ¾ very little.

My reading of charts does not preclude my use of fundamental information, nor does it preclude my use of a technical indicator when I deem such use to be appropriate to the operation of my trading business.

I refuse to be placed in a box of someone else's making. If I have to be placed in a box, and apparently for many traders I do, then place me in the box of being a chart analyst. Why am I a chart analyst? Because it is the best way to trade that I've been able to discover.

I am not going to negate the value of fundamental information when such information can render a better result from my trading. I am not going to negate the use of a technical indicator when such an indicator can benefit my trading. But I am going to do the bulk of my trading from what I can plainly see on bar chart showing me the open, high, low, and close.


AdsSpy: 12 sites by this AdSense ID


Trading solely from fundamentals has too often gotten me in deep trouble. The same is true of trading exclusively from indicators.

by Joe Ross




 

© 2010 Learning Trade Forex All Rights Reserved Thesis WordPress Theme Converted into Blogger Template by Hack Tutors.info