Complete lack of control



What can I do then document facts. I started day with good things on my mind. I wrote on piece of paper "Where will be stop for this trade?", I had to read it and answer before I made a trade. I also "decided" to be cool and distant so I don't fall a prey of my emotions.
I shorted a bit late usd/jpy, I say late because I was ready to short it at 31 but I didn't pull a trigger. I got 9 pips on nice scalp.
Next one again in usd/jpy didn't work and in the end that was low for a day. I lost on that one -11 pips.
So now I was from nice positive scalp profit for a day slightly in red. So far to that point I kept my cool. This development of losing nice profit throw me out of a balance. I was looking to quickly find a trade so I could have again profit for a day. Minute later I was shorting eur/jpy without magic question where is my stop on that trade. I don't have a stop. Two minutes later with spike against me I added half size to be full margin in. Emotions completely took control. I could understand in my mind that it's not great trade going against eur that is rallying and going against usd/jpy that is bouncing from the low. So my eur/jpy short was stupid from the start. But once I'm in I will stay in, there is no getting out until I'm profitable when I'm deeply emotionally involved.
So I was at a mercy of my emotions or my ego, call it as you want. I really proved to myself that I can't rely on myself, trust myself and bypass destructive emotions. With all my will power and thought out "strategy" I failed.

-41 pips






 

© 2010 Learning Trade Forex All Rights Reserved Thesis WordPress Theme Converted into Blogger Template by Hack Tutors.info